Community Choreography Projects is an open-call, performance-art, theater company led by Artistic Director, Barrie Barton.
- We create collaborative, community-based performances.
- Performances culminate in movement theater pieces.
- Participants and Audiences are inspired into fresh emotional experiences and to new realizations.
- We offer workshops, projects and performances.
- Attend or participate and you will encounter the liberation of creative potential, self-confidence, and an open door to the strength and profound notion of community.
CCP invites individuals and communities to a creative and artistic expression through the poignant power of movement and stories. Through authentic theater and supportive community, CCP offers a process that enriches our lives and broadens our understanding of others as we convey ordinary and extraordinary human experiences.
Community Choreography Project offers individuals and communities innovative and expressive work relevant to the human experience.
We create collaborative and community-based movement theater pieces and performances based on universal themes such as Legacy, Home, Relationships, Faith and Gender.
By engaging in these workshops, projects and performances we hope people will encounter the liberation of dormant creative potential, self-confidence, and an open door to the strength and profound notion of community.